- To encourage and empower its members to address developmental challenges and become an effective voice in national, regional and global bodies
- To organize, encourage and support public forums for information dissemination and exchange and policy dialogue on issues of higher education
- To study and make known the educational and related needs of African universities and other institutions of higher education and, as far as practicable, coordinate the means whereby those needs may be met
- To promote interchange, contact and cooperation among universities and other institutions of higher education in Africa
- To enhance the quality and relevance of higher education in Africa and strengthen its contribution to Africa’s development
Part of our goals are to promote and facilitate networking, collaboration and experience sharing in teaching, learning and research, improve leadership, institutional management and the policy environment of African higher education; and to facilitate mutually beneficial interaction between member institutions and the external academic and other communities, Encourage and empower members of the Association to address developmental challenges and become an effective voice in national, regional and global higher education discourse.
Our main strategies are to establish links between the Office and international organization to implement activities that adopt international goals and initiatives.